TERMS & CONDITIONS
POLICY STATEMENT AND TENANT OBLIGATIONS
PLEASE NOTE: These are the things that the tenant agrees to do or not to do. It is important for the
tenant to understand what he must or must not do. If the tenant breaks, or does not comply with
any of these obligations, the landlord may be entitled to claim damages or compensation from the
tenant, or to seek other legal remedies against the tenant, including the possibility of eviction.
The tenant agrees to the following:
1. To pay the rent, E.A.C. electricity, Limassol Water Board and Garbage Collection bills (when
applicable) whether formally demanded or not, and all other sums due to the landlord on
time. Payments by other persons on behalf of the tenants will be considered as if payments
from the tenants.
2. To be held liable for the fair net costs involved in carrying out repair and maintenance to the
premises or its fixtures or fittings where such action is required as a result of negligence, or
significant breach of the rental agreement, or misuse, by the tenant or his invited guests or
3. To be responsible for the payment of all associated charges in respect of the use and supply at
the premises during the tenancy of any telephone, internet, television or satellite services (if
any), electricity and water bills.
4. Where the tenant allows, either by default of payment or by specific instruction, the utility or
other services, as in paragraph 4, to be cut off (except the E.A.C and the Limassol Water Board
services), either during, or at the end of the tenancy.
5. Not to tamper, interfere with, alter or add to the water or electrical installations or meters,
either in or serving the premises.
6. The tenant shall not bring any appliances (such as gas cookers or heaters) that are considered
unsafe or dangerous to either the occupants or the premises. In such case the landlord will
immediately request the removal of such appliances.
7. Not to use the premises, or knowingly allow it to be used, for illegal or immoral purposes and
that includes the use of any illegal drugs which are or become prohibited or restricted by
8. To use the premises only as a single private residence for the occupation of the tenant and not
to carry on or allow to be carried on any formal or registered trade, business or profession
9. Not to sublet, take in lodgers or paying guests. In such a case the landlord will immediately
terminate the rental agreement.
10. Tenants are not allowed to create and provide duplicate keys to other people that are not
authorised to use the premises. In such a case, the landlord can request a permanent removal
of these people and immediate termination of the rental agreement.
11. In the event of loss or damage by fire, theft, attempted theft, impact or other causes to the
landlord's premises or its contents, to promptly inform the authorities as appropriate and the
landlord as soon as practicable.
12. Not to deliberately do anything, and to take reasonable and prudent steps not to allow
anything to be done by invited guests or visitors, which leads to devastation, harm or ruin of
the premises, its contents or disturb the neighbouring tenants.
13. Not to change, alter, add to or otherwise damage any locks or bolts on the premises (except in
the case of an emergency) without the prior consent of the landlord.
14. To take adequate precautions to keep the premises, including its external door and windows,
locked and secured when the premises are empty.
15. To take reasonable and proper care in the use of the premises, its fixtures and fittings and not
to deliberately damage or alter the premises, its decor, fixtures and fittings either internally or
16. Where the tenant, his invited guests or visitors are responsible by any action for any cracked
or broken windows or door glass on the premises, to promptly repair or replace such glass to
the required specification and be liable for the costs involved.
17. To take care not to cause an overload of the electrical circuits by the inappropriate use of
multi-socket electrical adapters or extension cables when connecting appliances to the mains
18. To be responsible for unblocking or clearing stoppages in any sink, or basin, or toilet, or waste
pipe which serve such fixtures if they become blocked with the tenant's waste, or as a result of
the actions or inactions of the tenant (or his invited guests or visitors) in breach of obligations
under the rental agreement.
19. Not to alter the appearance or decoration or structure of the premises or its fixtures either
internally or externally.
20. To take care not to put, or allow to be put, any damaging oil, grease or other harmful or
corrosive substances into the washing or sanitary appliances or drains within the premises.
21. Not to keep on, use or bring into the premises, any inflammable or other material or
equipment which might reasonably be considered to be a fire hazard, or otherwise dangerous
to the premises or the health of its occupants or of the neighbours.
22. Not to place or fix any aerial, satellite dish, or notice or advertisement board onto the
premises (either internally or externally) without first obtaining the prior consent of the
landlord. Where granted the tenant will meet all costs of installation and subsequent removal
and the reasonable costs of making good any resultant damage or redecoration if so required
by the landlord. The landlord reserves the right to withdraw, for reasonable grounds and upon
reasonable notice, any such consent given.
23. Not to do anything at the premises (including playing of excessively loud music) which is a
nuisance or annoyance or cause damage to the premises or adjacent or adjoining premises or
neighbours or might reasonably be considered anti-social behaviour.
24. Not to remove from the premises any of the landlord's fixtures or fittings, or to store them
elsewhere without obtaining the prior consent of the landlord.
25. Not to fix or hang, any posters, pictures, photographs or ornaments to the walls or ceilings or
woodwork with nails, glue, sticky tape, blu-tac or similar adhesive fixings. The tenant is liable
to pay for the cost of restoration of any damage caused by such actions.
26. Not to store or keep on the premises car park any boat, caravan or commercial vehicle.
27. Not to repair cars, motorcycles, vans or other commercial vehicles at the premises apart from
general maintenance from time to time, to a vehicle of which the tenant is the registered
28. The tenant is strictly prohibited from lighting fires (e.g. barbeque) in the apartment, balcony,
parking area and other premises without the written authorisation from the landlord.
29. The tenant is prohibited from keeping bicycles in the apartment, staircase or hallways of the
30. The tenant is strictly prohibited from tampering, interfering or altering the parking barrier at
the entrance of the premises. If the parking barrier fails to operate the tenant must contact
the landlord immediately.
31. Smoking is not permitted in the internal common areas of the premises (entrance, staircase
and hallways) or the elevator.
32. The tenant is prohibited from keeping any animals, birds, reptiles, or pets of any description
during their tenancy.
33. To take reasonable and prudent steps to adequately ventilate the premises in order to help
prevent condensation. Where such condensation may occur, to take care to promptly wipe
down and clean surfaces as required from time to time to stop the build-up of mould growth
or damage to the premises, its fixtures and fittings.
34. Where the tenant clearly breaks, or fails to comply with, any of the obligations relating to
looking after or the use and occupation of the premises set under the rental agreement, the
tenant agrees to carry out (at his own cost) any reasonable and necessary corrective measures
or action within a timescale agreed with the landlord. After that time, the landlord may notify
the tenant that the landlord is arranging for the work to be done and in such circumstances
the tenant agrees to be responsible and liable for the fair costs involved in those arrangements
and for the carrying out of such works.
35. The tenant will permit to the landlord or authorised workman, from time to time, to enter the
premises during working hours and/or at reasonable times including at weekends, to inspect
the premises, its fixtures and fittings, and to do work which might be required from in order to
fulfil obligations under the rental agreement.
36. To clean to (or pay for the cleaning to) a good standard, the premises, its fixtures and fittings.
37. The tenant must respect and keep clean the common areas of the premises which includes the
parking area, entrance, hallways, staircase and elevator.
38. To return all keys to the premises (including and new additional or duplicate keys cut during
the tenancy) to the landlord promptly on the last day of the tenancy.
39. Having replaced any of the landlord's items in the premises areas to restore them as they were
in their original position.
40. To remove all the tenant's belongings, property, personal effects, foodstuffs, furnishings and
equipment from the premises on, or before, the last day of the tenancy. Any of the tenant's
belongings, property, personal effects, foodstuffs, furnishings and equipment left behind at
the premises will be considered abandoned if after the expiry of 14 days the tenant has not
removed or retrieved them. After this time the landlord, may remove, store or dispose any
such items as he sees fit.
Note: This tenancy policy is an integral part of the tenant's rental agreement. By signing the
tenancy rental agreement, the tenant also comprehends and agrees to the above policy
statement without the need of signing this policy.